|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/07/2021 - 16:00|
Art Department Coordinator
Would you like to help coordinate the art department of a leading animation studio?
Aardman Animations, based in Bristol and co-founded in 1976 by Peter Lord and David Sproxton, is an award-winning animation studio. Their work includes the world-renowned Wallace & Gromit, Shaun the Sheep, Creature Comforts, Chicken Run and Flushed Away.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Art on stop motion projects by coordinating a wide range of activities within a large and lively Art Department.
- Providing administrative and production support to the HOD (Head of Department) and department
- You will be responsible for assisting the Art HOD in communicating company and departmental information to the department
- To set up meetings with relevant HODs and departments across sites when necessary
- Creating and coordinating Art production slate schedules where necessary
- To assist the HOD in coordinating crew data and cross project planning and the transitioning of crew across stop motions shows
- To assist the HOD in the development and planning of crew, their regular 121 check-ins and any welfare related issues
- To assist the HOD with talent spotting and to be integral to the department’s recruitment process
- To have an awareness and understanding of all Art processes and roles
- To assist the HOD in creating and managing departmental budgets and costs
- To coordinate the departmental show stats and debrief notes
- To have a key understanding of the internal systems and process that support the production
- Managing Art office space & workshops etc.
- To assist with the training and competency testing of crew where relevant
- Submit weekly timesheets with HOD approval, for crew, where required
- Liaising and working with other departmental Coordinators will be essential, communication skills important
- Researching film and archive for the department
- To Coordinate and assist with other department members
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Previous Production experience essential, preferably in an Art department or stop motion department
- A clean driving licence essential and own car preferable
- Strong communication skills both written & oral; a friendly and personable manner essential
- Previous experience recruiting or talent spotting for an art department/team would be advantageous
- Proactive, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Excellent IT skills, excel essential, knowledge of photoshop favourable
- Strong numeracy skills
- To be confident and comfortable by working with large teams
- Cross site visits essential
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and as an active & supportive member of a team
- Attention to detail yet not lose sight of the big picture
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.