|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||A Productions Ltd|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||29/01/2021 - 23:59|
|Start date:||March 2021|
Don't miss this exciting new role with an independent production studio based in Bristol...
A Productions is a creative-led, full service, multi-discipline, independent production studio. Based in central Bristol, U.K, they are internationally recognised for producing high quality, award-winning, creative and innovative work across a diverse range of projects. They love what they do and their creative energy and production experience mean they can deliver the very best for their clients. Their expertise is in animation production for film & television, with a strong reputation for creating and producing iconic, award winning children’s content for broadcast.
A Productions are looking for an Animated Series Director to work on the hit CBeebies series Jo Jo and Gran Gran. The show will be produced in-house at their central Bristol studio.
JoJo and Gran Gran follows the life of a four-year-old girl called JoJo and her fun and wise grandmother Gran Gran, who looks after her while her parents are working. Mixing beautiful animation with inspiring live-action inserts, each episode follows the pair as they fill their day with fun activities and new experiences: from baking St Lucian Banana Bread to searching for Dinosaurs in the local Museum.
- Provide creative leadership across the production
- Maintain the established overall visual style and authenticity of the series
- To work closely with the Producer to meet the requirements of the schedule
- To comment on scripts, foresee any production issues and working closely with the clients to come up with creative solutions
- Brief the storyboard artists, in keeping with the style of the show, utilising existing assets when appropriate
- Brief the editor to create the animatic, working with the client to discuss any feedback they have
- Working closely with layout team to ensure an efficient transition into design and animation
- To brief Art Director and design team to create any new backgrounds, props and character designs, in line with the established style of the show, client feedback and scheduling constraints
- Working with the animation director to review and approve shots. Ensure quality goals of animation and troubleshoot any issues.
- Working with editorial to create the online
- Attend any relevant meetings with the client and internal departments
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent animation knowledge of all aspect of the pipeline – ToonBoom ideally
- Pre-school animation series experience
- Industry experience working as a Director
- Strong leadership skills/experience leading a team
- Excellent communicator with clients and internal departments
- Set an optimistic tone on the show and promote communication and teamwork
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in giving constructive feedback to artists when discussing specific shots and sequences
- Be able to keep calm in the often challenging, high-pressured and political environment of producing a long-form series
- Diplomacy and professionalism
- Good Storyteller
- Experience working with clients
- Problem solver
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.