|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/04/2021 - 23:59|
Digital and Communications Coordinator
Have a strong interest in contemporary art and strong social media skills? This could be your next role...
1-54 is the first leading international art fair dedicated to contemporary art from Africa and its diaspora. Founded by Touria El Glaoui, the fair has held annual editions in London since 2013, New York since 2015 and Marrakech since 2018. Drawing reference to the fifty-four countries that constitute the African continent, 1-54 is a sustainable and dynamic platform that is engaged in contemporary dialogue and exchange.
1-54 is looking for a Digital Communications Coordinator. You will be working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to deliver 1-54’s marketing and communication strategies across multiple, primarily digital, platforms.
- Develop social media strategy and concept, partnerships, promotions with the Marketing and Communications Manager
- General management, content creation and follower interaction on all social media accounts in line with general comms strategy and 1-54’s objectives
- Drive social engagement across all social channels and measure success against key performance indicators
- Keep abreast of current contemporary African art affairs
- Organise, schedule, produce and send newsletters via Artogic
- Coordinate mailing lists and contacts via Artlogic
- Create original content for website: articles, interviews, videos
- Launch and coordinate uploads on the 1-54 online viewing room
- Keep website & App updated at all times
- Work with designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Ensure consistency of visuals, voice, values, and messaging across all our activities
- Assist with media and institutional partnerships
- Define partnerships benefits & follow up on counter benefits
- Coordinate press release production with PR agency
- Liaise with Gallery Relations, VIP and Forum teams to provide the right content to the PR agency
- Oversee and assist freelance staff (videographer, photographers)
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Two years experience in similar position
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Fluent English; notions of French appreciated
- Experience with website / App building and maintenance; using online database software such as Artlogic; Microsoft Office and notions of InDesign; and managing social media accounts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomatic skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven ability to work under own initiative and under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong Team player
- Interest and/or knowledge of Contemporary African Art / Contemporary Art
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.