|Industry:||Museums & Galleries|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Yorkshire Sculpture Park|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/10/2021 - 17:00|
Do you care about meaningful creative and cultural experiences? Love being organised? Then you don't want to miss this opportunity...
Yorkshire Sculpture Park (YSP) is an international centre for the creation, display and appreciation of modern and contemporary art – located in 500 acres of historic-designed landscape and five indoor galleries. Offering a unique platform for a range of practitioners, from major figures to emerging artists, it provides access to an important collection and extensive learning opportunities. YSP was awarded the prestigious Art Fund Museum of the Year in 2014 and welcomes over half a million visitors each year.
They have an exciting opportunity within Yorkshire Sculpture Park to work across their Curatorial and Learning Teams as a Production Assistant, to support the coordination, production and delivery of aspects of the learning programme, income generation programme, public and digital programmes, and key events.
- Participate in the cross-team public / online events working group to contribute to a relevant, strategic and engaging programme that supports delivery of Key Performance Indicators and organisational aims (both of which would be explained)
- Support the coordination and delivery of onsite, outreach and online events related to the curatorial and learning programmes including participant liaison
- Be responsible for event management plans, risk assessments and cross-departmental coordination for activities and events
- Contribute to scheduling and planning relating to the Technical, Curatorial, Learning and Marketing teams
- Prepare promotional onsite and online materials including social media, including the coordination of written copy and event details and targeted emails
- Work with the press officer and wider Marketing Team to identify event-related PR opportunities and assist with subsequent enquiries and/or photocalls
- Ensure the website is up-to-date with details for programme events and upload information to the website as appropriate working closely with relevant colleagues
- Design and produce temporary signage to promote programme events working closely with the Marketing team to ensure brand continuity
- Work and develop relationships with external partners, i.e. museums, universities, etc, to build links that help the development and promotion of YSP events
- Provide general assistance for the production of the wider Programme
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Gets a thrill out of working with creative practitioners and process
- Cares deeply about engaging as many people as possible in meaningful creative and cultural experiences
- Loves being organised and managing lots of different activities, knowing how to prioritise and when to ask for guidance
- Happy to follow instruction and enjoys being part of a team, but also happy working independently sometimes
- Can keep a clear head and focus whilst managing a busy workload, is flexible and adaptable
- Can communicate clearly and courteously with internal colleagues as well as external contacts
- Has a positive outlook and respects the dignity of other people
- Knows how to use a computer, MS Office and possibly a museum collection management system, such as Filemaker, and/or design packages such as Adobe Suite
- Familiar with producing social media and online content, such as hosting digital public events, or is willing to learn
- Can manage their time and tasks efficiently and to high quality
- Curious and open and enjoys learning
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.