|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||15/04/2021 - 23:59|
Assistant Retail Manager
Do you have experience in a retail and theatre environment? Don't miss this exciting opportunity to work with Disney...
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family.
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global annual audience of more than 19 million people in more than 50 countries. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatregoers worldwide.
The Walt Disney Company is looking for an Assistant Retail Manager to join them. The successful candidate will provide leadership, assistance and support in the management of all on-site aspects of the merchandising business for the London Production. They have opportunities for both the Frozen and Mary Poppins London Productions.
- Duty management of sales floor operations. Lead the Merchandise Sales staff by actively selling at all locations where possible, excelling in guest service and driving sales
- Using available tools, and developing new tools, to best manage the needs of the business and to train/develop all staff under accountability. Identify areas of opportunity or risk, analyse sales and manage staff
- Identify opportunities for increased sales and profit. Manage implementation of initiatives, ensuring commitment from others
- Implementation and management of visual merchandise displays and standards. Finding new ways to display merchandise to drive sales and standards. This includes performing routine maintenance on the kiosks and partnering with production when larger upkeep projects are required
- Provide relevant formal and informal feedback on staff performance based on observation of Management Team. Effectively delegating responsibility to Management Staff and relevant Cast Members, ensuring tasks are completed to the required standard
- Communicating required information to key stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner, including handover emails, sales reports, inventory/finance information and performance feedback
- Manage inventory through regular stocktake, monthly stock audits, stock movement tracking and EPOS management. Liaising with Warehouse on transfers, managing cost efficiency
- Partnering with senior management on staff scheduling to ensure full coverage of staff for all performances, peak & non-peak shows/weeks, deliveries and necessary operational tasks
- Liaise with internal and external partners to drive sales & profitability, fostering relationships to help with daily operations
- Recruitment of new staff and induction training for all local staff. Demonstrating commitment to diversity and inclusion throughout recruitment process
- Track, reconcile and communicate weekly settlement figures. This includes all online sales, in-venue sales and staffing hours
- Complete delegated tasks from Senior Management and Corporate Office
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Proven management experience in a retail and theatre environment
- At least 2 years at assistant retail management level
- Experience using an EPOS system and inventory tracking tool
- Visual merchandising
- Performance management
- Inventory, stock and cash management
- Experience in recruitment
- Experience with HR, personnel and data protection management
- Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.