|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Usborne Publishing Ltd|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/10/2021 - 23:59|
Global Digital Director
Usborne Publishing is looking for someone with excellent data analysis skills! Do you also have senior leadership experience? Then apply now...
Usborne Publishing is one of the world’s leading independent children’s book publishers. They believe in the power of children’s books and create a huge range of illustrated, imaginative, exciting children’s books.
The Global Digital Director is responsible for setting the company's digital and B2C ecommerce strategy and communicating and championing it company-wide. You will be passionate about the power of books to change children’s lives and will ensure that Usborne books are represented in all online channels in an irresistible and effective way to reach all their audiences, attract new audiences and encourage existing visitors to return.
- Digital and Social Media strategy - create and deliver a digital and social media strategy to drive sales, build community and showcase the Usborne brand
- Objectives and KPIs - define, explain and champion digital objectives, best practice and initiatives to a wide range of stakeholders from other departments including design and editorial
- Online sales - oversee global B2C ecommerce solutions and ensure all online sales channels and metadata are optimised. Have an entrepreneurial mindset and consider new propositions for selling Usborne products digitally
- Budget - manage digital budget for B2C ecommerce and content management software development and tools
- Usborne DNA - ensure the Usborne voice is reflected across all online channels in a way that upholds the brand values of our books and company to make knowledge irresistible with meticulously crafted books for all children. Work with Usborne designers to reflect these values and the unapologetically kid-centric look and feel of Usborne books in the online environment
- Cross functional digital community - encourage collaboration, knowledge sharing and digital best practices. Support digital stakeholders, throughout Usborne for example, Quicklinks, Foreign Language teams, Usborne Books at Home, Trade Sales (UK and Export), Marketing and PR, to get the most from their tools and channels
- Technology partners - ensure selected partners deliver against objectives and uphold SLAs
- Line management - provide leadership and mentorship to the Digital Editor and other relevant staff to ensure the online community is inspired and engaged every day
- Planning - provide support for all digital initiatives within the wider team and company and where appropriate identify new tools to be incorporated into the respective Technology, Global Brand and UK Marketing change management programmes
- Content plans - oversee content plans for the global website, social media and newsletters to ensure they engage the audience, support marketing campaigns effectively and of course are search engine optimised and meet accessibility guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience running a successful, global ecommerce website with multiple store fronts and multilingual content
- Entrepreneurial outlook, identifying opportunities wherever they arise
- Content production and merchandising skills
- Strong editorial and writing skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Experience of managing software development projects
- Proven capability in managing diverse stakeholders
- Senior leadership qualities and experience
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.