|Contract Type:||Board Recruitment|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||26/10/2021 - 17:00|
UP Projects Trustee and Chair of Board
Can you think creatively and strategically? Looking for a voluntary role? Don't miss this exciting opportunity...
UP Projects curates and commissions public art. The organisation was founded in 2002 by Emma Underhill, with a mission to support artists to make new work that has social relevance, engages communities, encourages learning and enriches the public sphere. They work collaboratively with artists, communities and partners to create extraordinary projects.
At its simplest, the role of the board is to have responsibility for the governance, Management and strategic direction of UP Projects, making sure that its activities are charitable and for the public benefit. The trustee board has a responsibility
to always act in the best interests of UP Projects, exercising the same standard of duty of care that a prudent person would apply if looking after the affairs of someone for whom they have responsibility. The board of trustees must act as a group and not as individuals. UP Projects’ Trustees and Chair are appointed for a three-year term and are eligible for re- appointment for two additional three-year terms. This role requires a minimum of 4-6 hours per month.
- Ensure that UP Projects complies with its governing document (its Articles of Association), charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensure that UP Projects applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects. For example, it must not spend money on activities which are not included in the objects, however worthwhile they may be
- Contribute actively to the board of trustees by giving firm strategic direction, approving policy, goals, targets, and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Safeguard the good name and values of UP Projects
- Ensure the financial stability of UP Projects
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A commitment to the mission, vision and values of UP Projects
- A willingness and capacity to meet the minimum time requirement
- An ability to think creatively and strategically
- Good, independent judgement
- An interest in contributing towards the creation of an inclusive organisation
- A willingness to learn, understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship (training will be provided during the induction when necessary)
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to take decisions for the good of UP Projects
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.