|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Universal Music Group|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||18/10/2021 - 17:00|
Passionate about music? Have a keen interest in photography and filming? This could be the internship for you...
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, and the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs. They own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries.
Few labels can boast as long, prestigious and varied a musical history as Polydor Records. From the 60s ‘beat boom’ onwards, through the eras of progressive rock, disco and punk, the label has been in the vanguard of every significant new musical development, while today the likes of Lady Gaga, Haim, Ellie Goulding, Billie Eilish, Sam Fender and Lana Del Rey maintain Polydor’s enviable cutting-edge reputation.
They are looking for someone to work alongside the creative team providing strong administrative support and assistance to them and their functions as necessary.
What you will learn
- Understanding of budgets and acting as main liaison with finance (uniport manager for creative department)
- Distributing tracks
- Raising purchase orders for costs and closing invoices
- Writing contracts/maintaining & altering as each job needs liaising with business affairs
- Handling video contracts
- Ordering production equipment from suppliers for shoots
- Tech support
- Reviewing and offering feedback on ongoing edits/grades/scripts
- Sending source material out to production companies, editors, and external commissioners
- Liaising with agencies and production companies
- Suggesting content ideas (especially for socials) as part of the creative team
- Researching innovative content/artwork/visual campaigns as well as music videos
- Internal edits and fixes on Adobe Premiere
- Creating mood boards and tests
- Advising on shoot logistics
- Looking for new talent for content opportunities
- Utilising knowledge of classic and contemporary music videos
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and enthusiastic
- Passionate about music
- A keen interest in photography and filming
- The ability to learn quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good computer skills i.e.: Microsoft Office, Google Drive
- Strong digital skills: HTML, Dreamweaver, Video Editing
- Experience with adobe premiere CC and media encoder
- Experience of working with mac OSX & windows 10
- Knowledge of tapeless workflows and file encoding
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience working in ‘music’ (personal or professional)
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.