|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/08/2021 - 17:00|
Concerts & Box Office Coordinator
Have a passion for music? Join The Sixteen as a Concerts & Box Office Coordinator!
After 42 years of worldwide performance and recording, The Sixteen is recognised as one of the world’s greatest ensembles, comprising both choir and period-instrument orchestra. At home in the UK, The Sixteen are “The Voices of Classic FM” and Associate Artists of Kings Place, London as well as having an ongoing Artist Residency at Wigmore Hall. The group promotes the Choral Pilgrimage, an annual tour of the UK’s finest cathedrals, which aims to bring music back to the buildings for which it was written. The Sixteen featured in the highly successful BBC television series, Sacred Music, presented by actor Simon Russell Beale.
They are looking for a Concerts & Box Office Coordinator to join their team. You will manage The Sixteen’s in-house box office system and be responsible for assisting the Concerts & Artistic Planning Manager with all artistic and logistical arrangements for The Sixteen’s concerts, tours and recordings, including concert management.
- In liaison with the Concerts & Artistic Planning Manager, to plan, instigate, lead and review the administration of concerts and recordings
- To maintain and co-ordinateThe Sixteen’s music library including purchasing new music & sending out music in advance when required, making sure all music is correct and delivered in time for rehearsals and concerts. Making sure all music is returned after projects and correctly filed
- To understand The Sixteen’s revenue streams, operate within agreed budgets and contribute to the prudent financial management of the Company
- To assist the Concert Manager at UK (and some overseas) concerts, recordings and tours, as well as some independent concert managing
- Overseeing and delivering the sales and ticketing operation with the highest level of customer service possible to all those that interact with or visit the organisation
- Lead on the administration of the Box Office function and lead on event/product set ups, as directed and overseen by the Marketing Manager
- Effective use and implementation of their Box Office system, Spektrix, will be vital to successfully delivering the role. Telephone bookings are managed by a third-party company
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- At least one year’s professional experience in arts administration
- Meticulous attention to detail and high levels of organisation skills
- Knowledge of and passion for music
- Ability to read music
- Initial software training and ongoing support provided
- A professional approach to work characterised by commitment, flexibility and a high level of self-motivation
- The ability to maintain discretion; balancing the demands of being professional and representing the ensemble and management team, whilst understanding and relating to the performers issues and concerns
- The ability to remain calm and cool-headed in difficult situations
- Full driving licence
- Prior knowledge of Spektrix or similar system
- Foreign languages
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.