|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The New York Times|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||08/03/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have a keen eye for operations? Are you great at project management? Don’t miss this opportunity to join The New York Times as a Resource Manager…
The New York Times has been on the ground reporting stories from around the globe since 1851. How they tell those stories has changed, but their mission to seek the truth and help people understand the world has remained constant. This mission is rooted in their belief that great journalism has the power to make each reader’s life richer and more fulfilling, and all of society stronger and more just.
The New York Times Advertising Department is looking for a Resource Manager to join the T Brand Studio International team. T Brand Studio International is the custom content team based outside of the US, which partners with global brands to make meaningful content for The New York Times audiences. The successful candidate will coordinate the staffing of the Strategy and Creative teams based in London, Paris and Hong Kong.
- Monitor and organise the time allocations for the staff on T Brand Strategy and Creative teams
- Ensure resources across the team are optimised and the studio is running efficiently
- Manage requests for T Brand staff on custom client opportunities, such as custom videos, editorial, 3D design and podcast projects
- Proactively and intuitively solve staffing problems in a high-volume environment
- Understand the expertise of the staff on T Brand Strategy and Creative teams, in order to resource projects in an efficient way
- Work closely with Sellers, Strategists and Program Managers to support the staffing of projects
- Lead weekly resource status meetings to ensure that teams are aware of workloads
- Provide valuable resource reports on the team’s bandwidth and utilization
- Monitor timesheet recording to ensure that all timesheets are completed
- Liaise with the NY-based Resource Manager to share resources
- Manage overflow staffing needs by coordinating recruitment efforts for freelancers
- Constantly review and streamline the process for resource management
- Coordinate email listservs, slack channels, project files, calendar invites and other team administration
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience in operations, program management or studio resourcing
- Experience working in an agency or creative studio environment
- An understanding of the sales and account management process
- A passion for project management tools and Excel
- Experience using program management tools, such as Workbook, Basecamp, Slack, Smartsheets, G Suite, Harvest and Forecast
- Demonstrate a flexible mindset and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.