|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The New York Times|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||08/03/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have journalism experience? Strong editing skills? Don’t miss this opportunity to join The New York Times as an Editor, EMEA…
The New York Times has been on the ground reporting stories from around the globe since 1851. How they tell those stories has changed, but their mission to seek the truth and help people understand the world has remained constant. This mission is rooted in their belief that great journalism has the power to make each reader’s life richer and more fulfilling, and all of society stronger and more just.
They are looking for an Editor, EMEA to join their T Brand Studio International team. T Brand is the branded content and marketing unit of The New York Times. Based in London, the successful candidate will play a key role in the creation of branded content – from brainstorming and conceptualizing creative ideas to answering client briefs to writing, editing and commissioning projects.
- Conceive, write and pitch engaging branded content stories and projects to clients in a variety of categories, including luxury goods, consumer, automotive, entertainment etc.
- Write and edit primary and secondary source reporting and content for T Brand Studio international projects
- Employ newsroom standards and practices, including conducting on-the-ground interviews, identifying sources, sub/copy editing, proofreading and fact checking
- Ensure that all branded content produced by T Brand Studio in EMEA is in keeping with the values of The New York Times, while meeting the client’s strategic aims
- Help develop and train a network of freelance writers from around the EMEA region
- Proofread creative work or editorial copy written by colleagues across T Brand Studio, including London, Paris, Hong Kong and New York
- Actively participate in regular brainstorming sessions and meetings with teams in Hong Kong, London and Paris
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to fine-tune ideas in order to develop excellent storytelling
- Work with colleagues in NYT’s advertising department to consider and develop new products and content strategies
- Help lead client meetings with sales colleagues
- Help educate the sales team in EMEA about the Studio’s creative capabilities, concepts and journalistic approach to storytelling
- Help to identify new business opportunities for T Brand in EMEA
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Educated to BA, BS and/or MA, MS level (or equivalent relevant qualifications) in communications, journalism or humanities
- Experience reporting on finance, business and/or tech beats
- Strong reporting and editing experience in a journalistic role
- Solid digital journalism, writing and editing experience
- Good understanding of social media, distribution and the branded content landscape
- Avid consumer of media of all types
- Preference for editor with diverse beat experience in several sectors
- Audio/video experience a plus
- Preference for candidates with some branded content experience
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.