|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Location:||London & Remote|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||27/10/2021 - 17:00|
Marketing Manager - The Economist Educational Foundation
Calling all experienced marketers! Join The Economist Educational Foundation as a Marketing Manager...
The Economist Educational Foundation is an independent charity that was set up by staff from inside The Economist newspaper in 2012. They enable disadvantaged young people to join inspiring discussions about the news which teach them to think critically, communicate effectively and understand what’s happening in the world.
They are looking for a Marketing Manager to join their Economist Educational Foundation team. They want someone who is excited about playing a lead role in scaling up their unique educational programme in the UK and globally. This is a new role, with scope to make it your own. As the Foundation’s first full-time marketer, you will join a small and passionate team, help to grow an innovative education charity and work with experienced marketers across The Economist, one of the world’s leading media brands.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive to prepare marketing plans: Plan digital marketing activities and campaigns to achieve our growth targets, including acquiring new leads and retaining current account-holders, based on data and a strong rationale. Set clear KPIs
- Research and identify target audiences and partners: the communities they should reach, the job titles they should target within schools, and the organisations that their Chief Programmes Officer should approach about potential partnerships, for example with multi-academy trusts
- Over time, build in-depth understanding of the behaviours and motivations of teachers, school leaders and system leaders, and use this to inform all marketing plans, activities and content. There is extensive educational knowledge for you to draw on within the Foundation team
- Work with the Chief Programmes Officer to ensure that marketing plans are aligned with her plans for partnerships
- Take lead responsibility for implementing and managing digital marketing campaigns and activities, keeping them on time and within budget
- Work with their Operations Manager to put in place robust processes, workflows and data management using Monday.com and Mailchimp, including some simple automation. Set contingencies and manage risks
- Write copy and work with their designer to create content
- Build deep expertise in their programme
- Make use of the creativity and expertise of their in-house teachers to optimise messaging and targeting
- Manage the marketing budget, ensuring that funding is allocated appropriately to have the maximum impact, and that all spending is accurately recorded
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Three to five years of marketing experience
- Preparing or giving input on marketing strategy and plans
- Planning and delivering email and social campaigns which achieved targets and converted leads
- Executing and optimising marketing campaigns and activities based on customer insight and learning
- Analysing and reporting on campaign performance
- Using a CRM and email platform such as Monday.com or Mailchimp
- Building relationships and managing colleagues to secure what’s needed from them
- Passion for marketing: you are energised by the prospect of scaling up their programme, engaging more schools and achieving growth targets
- Ability to think critically and creatively. You prepare plans and solve problems based on a mix of creative ideas, sound reasoning and structured thinking
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.