|Contract Type:||Board Recruitment|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/05/2021 - 09:00|
Fancy becoming a Trustee? Are you passionate about diversity and inclusion in the arts? Don't miss this opportunity to join Tall Stories...
Tall Stories is a registered charity that brings great stories to life for audiences of all ages. Known primarily for work for family audiences, they create medium and large scale shows which subsidise smaller scale tours that perform in the UK, West End and across the globe.
They are looking for an individual with skills and experience in Outreach and Community Participation or in Education Services to join their board as a Trustee. The position is for an initial 3 years with the option to extend for a further 3 years. Tall Stories asks their trustees to commit to approximately 40 hrs a year, including meetings, pre-meeting reading and ad hoc advice. They welcome applications from those who are new to non-executive/trustee board work.
- Contribute actively to the Board of trustees, providing strategic direction to Tall Stories, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets, and evaluating organisational performance against targets
- Be responsible for the appointment and ongoing management of the Artistic Directors and Executive Director
- Ensure that Tall Stories complies with its Memorandum and Articles of Association, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensure Tall Stories pursues its objects as defined in the Memorandum and Articles
- Ensure accountability to funders and stakeholders for the organisation’s performance
- Exemplify the values of the organisation by attending regularly and being actively involved in decision making; acting as an advocate for Tall Stories by forging and maintaining links outside the organisation; engaging actively with Tall Stories’ programme, employees and audiences
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Skills and experience in Outreach and Community Participation or in Education Services
- Passionate about the need for diversity and inclusion in the arts
- Knowledge of the Borough of Islington
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.