|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Location:||Shoreditch / remote working|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/09/2021 - 17:00|
Head of Finance & Operations
If you have an interest in the arts and strong financial experience, this is the role for you!
Streetwise Opera is an arts organisation working with the homeless sector to inspire change and empower people to realise their own creative potential. They aim to transform lives by supporting people to make meaningful connections through the arts, rebuild social networks, improve wellbeing and develop new skills.
The Head of Finance & Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organisation, ensuring best practice, good governance and legal compliance across all aspects of Streetwise Opera’s work.
- To be responsible for the day to day financial management of the charity, including book-keeping, monthly payroll, payment runs and managing the bank accounts
- Prepare quarterly management accounts, cashflows and finance reports for Board meetings
- Produce the annual budget in consultation with the CEO and budget holders
- Maintain an overview of the programme budget
- Manage the core costs budget
- Work with the Treasurer and auditors to prepare and finalise annual accounts, TTR claims and corporation tax returns
- Prepare financial information to assist with funding applications and reporting to stakeholders
- Provide financial information and advice as necessary to the CEO and Board of Trustees
- Ensure that financial systems, policies and procedures across the organisation are rigorous and fit for purpose
- To oversee the management of the IT, telephone and internet equipment/systems
- To manage the relationship with all providers and suppliers, including the landlord and external IT management company
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong financial experience including bookkeeping, producing management accounts, producing cashflows and creating/managing budgets
- Experience of using QuickBooks or other similar financial software
- Experience of working with a Board of Directors/ Trustees and reporting at Board-level
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements of running a charity
- Knowledge of good HR practice
- Experience of taking minutes
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Empathy with homeless and socially excluded people
- Interest in the arts
- Experience of chairing internal meetings
- Experience of setting up office systems
- Experience of policy writing
- Experience of working in a senior position in an arts or homelessness organisation
- Experience of line management
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.