|Industry:||Museums & Galleries|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/10/2021 - 17:00|
Visitor Assistant Hayward Gallery
Take a look at this exciting role! You could work at the Hayward Gallery as a Visitor Assistant...
The Southbank Centre is a national flagship cultural institution. It is Europe’s largest arts centre and one of the UK’s top five visitor attractions, occupying an 11-acre site that sits in the midst of London’s most vibrant cultural quarter on the South Bank of the Thames. Its impact and reach are significant and it is respected internationally as a convener of great artists and diverse audiences and for being entrepreneurial and innovative in response to a volatile and changing financial landscape. Southbank Centre is a charity that is determined to demonstrate its ambition to remain innovative, disruptive and experimental in what it does and to be highly relevant to the artists it wants to work with and to the audiences it wants to attract.
They are looking for Visitor Assistants Hayward Gallery to work closely with the Hayward team, as well as the wider Visitor Experience and Ticketing team. Visitor Assistants work inside the gallery spaces as well as across the whole Southbank Centre site, ensuring they provide a warm welcome to all who visit. Duties also include proactively offering to all visitors, assistance, information and guidance, as well as ticket sales, art work invigilation, access assistance, interpretation and tour guiding.
- To proactively invigilate artworks and assume responsibility for public health and safety whilst remaining friendly and welcoming to all visitors
- Maintain an up to date and good working knowledge of Southbank Centre’s fire, safety and evacuation procedures to facilitate the evacuation of the public in the event of an emergency
- Give clear and confident direction to visitors to evacuate in the event of an emergency. Anticipate safety issues that may affect a visitor before they arise, and resolve them or quickly escalate to the Duty Manager.
- Be present and alert within the exhibition spaces to ensure the health and safety and comfort of visitors and report problems to the Duty Manager immediately
- Be vigilant around the site identifying potential safety and security issues and alerting the Duty Manager
- Understand and adhere to the Safeguarding Policy. Immediately report a disclosure or concern to the Designated Responsible Person
- Check tickets, welcome visitors, give directional advice and deal with any queries or ticketing issues as visitors enter exhibition spaces
- Provide a cheerful, happy and exceptional service to all visitors and staff
- Explain to visitors and staff what Southbank Centre is and what their artistic programme is about. Be the face of Southbank Centre acting as an ambassador and custodian of our organisation and reputation
- Support the Hayward Ticket Desk as we transition to digital ticketing, selling tickets and membership through the Tessitura ticketing system to visitors who are unable to access our website or do not have a smartphone
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Has some experience in a customer-facing role or ability to demonstrate an aptitude towards customer service
- Is willing to assist and guide visitors with Access requirements
- Has exceptional customer service skills including the ability to assist all visitors in a helpful, friendly, courteous and confident manner
- Has the ability to stay calm under pressure and solve problems
- Is able to work as part of a team in a supportive and collaborative manner
- Has the ability to work flexibly including working in the evenings and at weekends
- Has excellent verbal communication skills
- Is able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the central role that diversity and inclusion has at Southbank Centre
- Interest in and passion for contemporary arts
- Is open to and willing to work on a broad range of events and activities
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.