|Salary or training bursary:|
9 months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||12/05/2021 - 23:59|
|Start date:||Early June onwards|
Is theatre your passion? You could gain experience in three different departments as an Audience Trainee with Sheffield Theatres!
Sheffield Theatres is the largest producing theatre complex outside London, nationally recognised for its excellent production values, high calibre casting and world-class creative teams. Their programme encompasses classical revivals, new plays and large-scale musicals.
They are looking for three trainees to join their Audience Traineeship. This 9 month role will provide the trainee with direct work experience in the Programming, Fundraising and Customer Experience departments, alongside self-development activities through an ongoing portfolio. The Programming department plans an engaging programme of visiting companies across the theatres; the Fundraising team raises money to help fund their work on and off stage; the Customer Experience department ensures that guests experience excellent customer service. The Traineeship role is being provided due to a grant from Garfield Weston Foundation.
What you will learn
- To learn skills associated to roles in Programming, Fundraising, Customer Experience departments with learning goals for each department to follow
- Alongside on the job learning, the Traineeship will complete self-development activities through an ongoing portfolio that will last the duration of the traineeship (9 months)
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- The aim of a traineeship is to help people gain the skills and experience they need to get an apprenticeship or job. Therefore, an interest in developing a career in this industry will be required
- Ability to self-motivate and progress through self-development activities through an ongoing portfolio that will last the duration of the traineeship (9 months)
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted) and address to the 'Creative Access Recruitment Team'
- Please do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
- Please note that you must be in commuting distance of Sheffield as the role will require office presence in due course
This opportunity is open to applicants from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and applicants from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.