|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Screen and Film School|
|Location:||Manchester & Birmingham|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||04/08/2021 - 17:00|
Administrator & Assessments Officer
Brand new role! Don't miss this opportunity to join Screen and Film School as an Administrator & Assessments Officer...
Screen and Film School delivers high quality education in order to train the next generation of creatives, technicians and production professionals. They offer a BA (Hons) Filmmaking course, as well as a new BA (Hons) Film Business and Entrepreneurship course. Screen and Film School is recognised and supported by industry partners and their courses are delivered by a team of industry professionals who are keen to share their knowledge and experience. The creative outcomes of their students include producing festival winning short films, music promos and documentaries.
They are looking for an Administrator & Assessments Officer to join their team. The purpose of this role is to support the staff and students with general administrative tasks, as directed by the Head of Education and College Principals, as well as preparing, organising and delivering assessments paperwork to the Exam Board, Module Board and Academic Board.
- Co-ordination, data management and the general supervision of all exams and assessments working closely with the Education Team and Module Leaders
- Overseeing the production of all assessment related information such as timetables, registers, student preparation materials, feedback and results to all students
- Timetabling lecturers for assessments and booking rooms in consultation with the Estates & Facilities Department
- Working with the Module Leaders and Heads of Year to ensure that all exam materials and briefs are generated as required and that all existing materials are updated on a yearly basis
- Ensuring that all examinations and assessments are set, delivered, marked and reported in a timely fashion in accordance with external regulations
- Ensuring that all assessment data, both physical and electronic is filed stored and kept up to date for future reference in accordance with regulations
- Supporting all examiners, assessors and markers in the delivery of exams and assessments
- Managing the administration of all electronic submissions via VLE
- Organising the invigilation of assessments both in house and off site
- Assisting in the production of data-based reports for the Senior ManagementTeam
- Overseeing the grade logging process for BIMM award courses and our education partners in advance of Exam Boards
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- The ability to communicate at all levels especially on the telephone
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail in data inputting and ability to concentrate in a busy office environment
- Highly organised and able to evidence experience in working independently to deadlines
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- High level of accuracy in data inputting and ability to concentrate in a busy office environment
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to multi-task and manage own workload efficiently
- Experience of working in an education administration role
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role, with a diverse clientele
- Experience of administering HE Examinations and Assessments
- Understanding and experience of working with External Examiners
- The ability to create timetables
- A knowledge of student record databases or similar software
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.