|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/07/2021 - 17:00|
Ready to take the next step in your PR career? Passionate about the environment? Take a look at what we have here then...
Seahorse Environmental is an award-winning agency that designs and executes political campaigns, communications programmes and sustainability strategies to enhance both the natural environment and the commercial success of our clients.
The company works across a wide range of environmental topics including ocean conservation, sustainable finance and clean tech with our dedicated Energy Practice. We provide specialist advice from a team that understands the environmental community, exhibits top-level communications skills and has first-hand experience of how governments, parliaments, civil servants, shareholders and consumers operate, think and behave.
This role is well suited to a good communicator, with a passion for the environment and the ability to show initiative. The successful candidate will carry out administration tasks, such as media and political monitoring, drafting and posting social media, and updating contact databases as well as supporting Seahorse client accounts.
- Monitor parliamentary and media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Support client accounts with research tasks, press releases and news stories
- Contribute to developing new business and creative pitches
- Attend events and industry conferences on behalf of clients (when appropriate)
- Help with general Seahorse administration, such as social media activity, marketing materials, and maintaining contact databases
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong passion and enthusiasm for the environment
- Previous experience of working in either communications, public affairs and PR, or the environment sector
- Good time management
- Good written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative when needed
- Prior knowledge of the UK political system
- Prior knowledge of the UK’s environmental policy landscape
- Experience of working with political, media and environmental stakeholders
- Previous experience of client facing work
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.