|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Screen and Film School|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/08/2021 - 17:00|
If you have technical knowledge of filmmaking equipment, software and studios, carry on reading!
Screen and Film School delivers high quality education in order to train the next generation of creatives, technicians and production professionals. They offer a BA (Hons) Filmmaking course, as well as a new BA (Hons) Film Business and Entrepreneurship course. Screen and Film School is recognised and supported by industry partners and their courses are delivered by a team of industry professionals who are keen to share their knowledge and experience. The creative outcomes of their students include producing festival winning short films, music promos and documentaries.
They are looking for a Technician! You will be primarily responsible for the running of the kit room, technical demonstration and tuition, studio management, post production, student support, as well as liaising with IT on computer issues. The successful candidate will be expected to be flexible and willing to visit other colleges, for both support of existing programmes and the development of new programmes to ensure Screen and Film School stay at the forefront of filmmaking education.
- To ensure that the school’s audio-visual, film, sound and multi-media equipment is maintained in a serviceable condition; including Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- To set up equipment as required to meet the needs of delivered sessions
- To provide training on the set-up of equipment for school staff and students
- To create and maintain an inventory of all equipment
- To maintain records for the booking and return of all equipment
- To maintain a central record of all risk assessments, health and saftey audits, fire risk assessments and PAT records
- To instruct students in all aspects of use of equipment and software as required for planned sessions
- Assist in maintenance the IT infrastructure and security of the school
- Produce planned maintenance schedule for the school infrastructure and equipment and IT resources
- Undertake minor works on school resources as required and/or facilitate repairs and maintenance from third parties
- To be responsible for the booking in and out of kit to student groups for all classes and shoots
- To support students with Filmmaking software and problem solve, where necessary co-operating with IT
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- An experienced and highly motivated individual with technical knowledge of Filmmaking equipment, software and studios
- Strong communication skills are vital as is the support and interaction with other Screen and Film School sites, to ensure parity and compliance
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.