|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Screen and Film School|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||19/10/2021 - 17:00|
Want to deliver workshops and presentations for young people who are passionate about filmmaking?
Screen and Film School (SFS) delivers high quality Film and Screen education, to train the next generation of creatives, technicians and production professionals. At SFS they offer a BA (Hons) Filmmaking and BA (Hons) Film Business & Production, as well as a suite of short courses, and plan to further develop their courses in the coming years in order to best satisfy the needs of this evolving industry. SFS is recognised and supported by industry partners and their courses are delivered by a team of industry professionals who are keen to share their knowledge and experience. The creative outcomes of their students include producing festival winning short films, music promos and documentaries.
You will have a central role in the recruitment of new students for Screen and Film School Brighton and raising aspirations of young people who are passionate about filmmaking. Working closely with the Applicant Experience Manager, you will be responsible for building relationships with teachers and careers advisors, delivering presentations and workshops, and contributing to the development of a strategic programme of outreach work for schools and colleges in the South East, London and South West as well as other geographic areas.
- Implement the student recruitment and outreach strategy for target markets across London, South East and South West
- Monitor key performance indicators to ensure outreach activity is converting to applications
- Design interactive online and offline content for young people and schools/teachers
- Deliver engaging presentations and workshops for a variety of stakeholders including prospective students and teachers
- Manage a network of contacts in schools and colleges to promote recruitment activities, including expanding on the existing database and engaging with new markets
- Deliver the School Partnership Programme
- Effectively evaluate activities to track and monitor engagement from students
- Attend recruitment fairs and provide accurate information on Screen and Film School and its courses to prospective students
- Research trends and best practice across the UK education sector to inform our provision
- Develop strong relationships with local teams including the College Principals, academic and professional services teams
- Maintain good data compliant with GDPR standards
- Follow safeguarding procedure and pass a DBS check
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Confident public speaker
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Experience in school contact data management
- Knowledge of UK education system at further and higher education level
- Knowledge of or experience in Partnership working
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects within deadlines
- Proven customer service skills
- Able to work with set targets
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Team player but able to work independently and remotely
- A background in higher education, or further education within the creative arts sector
- Previous or current work experience at SFS or a BIMM Group college
- A background in either the film industry, creative arts, or education
- Knowledge of UCAS and admissions processes generally within higher education
- Knowledge of access and participation and an understanding of how they integrate with student recruitment and admissions activities
- Event organisation experience
- Full and clean driving licence is preferred
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.