|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Screen and Film School|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/02/2021 - 23:59|
Head of Education
Do you have experience with education management? Passionate about film? Then don’t miss this exciting opportunity…
Screen and Film School delivers high-quality Film and Screen education, to train the next generation of creatives, technicians and production professionals. With state-of-the-art facilities and dedicated industry lecturers, Screen and Film School’s mission is to deliver practical courses and train the next generation of filmmakers wishing to enter the film industry.
BIMM Group's Screen and Film School is looking for a Head of Education. The post holder will be an experienced and highly motivated professional with a strong background in education, teaching and learning and educational systems.
- Responsible for the leadership, co-ordination, and delivery of all courses at Screen and Film School Birmingham.
- Line management responsibilities for both academic and support staff.
- Accountable for the quality of curriculum delivery and student success rates and progression by supporting, developing, and enhancing the teaching team.
- To lead and support all members of the teaching team in maintaining the SFS ethos to ensure a filmmaking education that will equip all students to establish a successful career within the modern screen and film industry.
- Managing and supporting the HE Administrator to ensure that accurate and timely data is delivered for exam boards, and that all relevant duties and academic requirements are met as appropriate.
- Creation and management of the timetabling process, delivering approved timetables for all courses at SFS Birmingham.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience within education management (equivalent film/tv industry experience will be considered).
- Experience of working with Further and/or Higher Education institutions.
- A degree qualification in a relevant subject area.
- A teaching qualification (or a willingness to work towards).
- Excellent filmmaking skills and relevant industry experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong background in the delivery of outstanding teaching and learning.
- Strong level of IT skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with complex systems such as scheduling, timetabling and exams procedures.
- Be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Be able to successfully manage a varied workload.
- Educated to MA level.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.