|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/04/2021 - 23:59|
Sales & Marketing Executive
Are you passionate about classical music? Do you have an interest in sales and marketing? Don't miss this exciting opportunity...
Schott Music ranks among the leading music and media publishers in the world with branches in major international markets in 10 countries. The company has been in business for over 250 years and focuses on the publication of contemporary and educational music. The core of the business is managed between offices in London and Mainz, in Germany, and comprises an international team of about 180 professionals working in the areas of editing, production and distribution.
The marketing department is responsible for promoting primarily the educational and sales music products to retailers, wholesalers, teachers, musicians and other customers world-wide. The product range includes printed and digital items for education, professional and leisure markets, produced by both Schott Music and associated publishers.
Schott Music is looking for a Sales & Marketing Executive to join the marketing team based in London. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues throughout the company to increase sales of Schott Music publications and other titles distributed by Schott Music.
- PR: provide press releases for magazines/journals and trade, send review copies, and arrange for editorial features
- Publicity: prepare and organise workshops, exhibitions (display stands & stock), author performances, and special events. Co-ordinate with authors, organisers and retailers. Attend where necessary
- Social Media: support the marketing team in the implementation of social media marketing activities
- Promotional Marketing: postal mailings and trade e-mails: co-ordinate contents and planning
- Trade Customers: co-ordinate sale promotion activities for trade customers (initially under supervision of the Sales & Marketing Director) in the UK and some export trade. Meet customers at trade fairs or face-to face, as necessary
- Trade Marketing: promotion of new issues, special offers, catalogue / product promotions and trade broadcast emails
- Data Management: add and maintain new product data for key accounts. Co-ordinate with the Schott Music London retail team to provide title and product data etc, for the Schott Music London website
- Production: proofread back ads and advertising text for new production titles. Contribute to new production ideas
- Syllabus Selection: liaise with syllabus selectors and ensure they receive lists and sample copies of any titles/watermarked PDFs which may be of interest to their instrument / grade selection
- Admin: proofread catalogues and web content where necessary
- Admin: CRM database maintenance. Assist the Sales & Marketing Director with administration
- From time to time perform any other tasks as required by the Sales & Marketing Director or the Company
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Tertiary/Graduate level education, with a knowledge of classical music
- High level of computer literacy and some knowledge of online and digital marketing
- An interest in Sales & Marketing
- Familiarity with printed and digital sheet music products
- Willingness to travel in the UK and abroad
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge/keen interest in classical music and music education
- Previous retail sales and/or marketing experience
- Clean driving licence
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.