|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Royal Opera House|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||16/04/2021 - 08:00|
Casual Theatre Technicians
Are you an experienced theatre technician? Do you want to provide assistance to the technical teams at the Royal Opera House? Don't miss this opportunity...
The Royal Opera House (ROH) is an historic theatre in the middle of Covent Garden. The Royal Opera House aims to enrich people’s lives through opera and ballet. It seeks to be accessible and engaging, to develop audiences across the UK and to break new ground in the presentation of opera. Their theatre in Covent Garden has one of the busiest stages in the world with approximately 300 performances a year on the Main Stage alone.
Following the re-opening of the ROH after the lockdowns, their technical teams will soon require the support of a dedicated pool of casual technicians to provide holiday cover and additional assistance to meet operational peaks to deliver their performances, rehearsals and events. This will include roles on the Main Stage, as well as the Linbury Theatre, and the Events Team supporting commercial activities around the building.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure operational and production requirements, including rehearsals and performances, are carried out to the highest possible standard of safety, efficiency and quality
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A good level of technical experience in large scale theatre/studio theatre/commercial events as appropriate
- A broad range of technical skills and understanding of the requirements of other technical teams and departments
- A strong commitment to safe working practices including CDM2015, and BS7909 (lighting roles)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, self-motivated to acquire new skills and knowledge within technical theatre
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.