|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Reduced Listening Ltd|
|Location:||London or Manchester|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||29/06/2021 - 17:00|
Music Radio Producer
Calling all music lovers! If you listen to a wide range of genres and have audio production experience, don’t miss this exciting opportunity!
Reduced Listening is an audio production company, specialising in podcasts and radio about music, arts, culture and ideas. They love working collaboratively with artists and clients, opening windows to new worlds for their listeners. Their clients include the BBC, Spotify, Audible, Serpentine Galleries and Manchester International Festival.
Reduced Listening is looking for a Music Radio Producer to join them. You will work across their specialist music programmes on BBC Radio 3: Freeness, Late Junction and Unclassified, which feature a range of genres across experimental, jazz, ambient, electronic, folk and contemporary music. They have production bases in London and Manchester, and ideally you will be based in one or either city. They are also open to remote working.
- Produce music radio programmes
- Source music for airplay
- Work alongside presenters as well as executive producers and assistant producers
- Generate, develop and pitch ideas for features, guest artists and sessions
- Write scripts and programme information/show notes
- Pre-record scripts, remotely and in the studio
- Edit presenter links and oversee mixes of pre-recorded programmes
- Produce occasional studio sessions and outside broadcasts
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Demonstrable experience in audio production
- Awareness of the editorial and compliance needs for BBC radio
- A love of audio and wide-ranging listening habits
- A good knowledge and proven passion in the experimental end of genres such as jazz and improvisation, ambient, folk, electronic and contemporary music
- Communication and organisational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines and within a budget
- Experience of working collaboratively with presenters and with a team
- Proficiency working in the Reaper audio-editing tool
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.