|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Rambert School of Ballet & Contemporary Dance|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||08/11/2021 - 09:00|
Assistant Theatre Technician & Maintenance Supervisor
If you have experience working with cameras and editing video, take a look at this role!
Rambert School’s mission is to provide world-leading training and education in ballet and contemporary dance, embracing individuality and innovation, while being deeply rooted in tradition and technical rigour. Their student body is purposefully small but diverse, with just 45 undergraduates from all over the world accepted each year to benefit from intimate and intensive training.
The Assistant Theatre Technician and Maintenance Supervisor will provide hands-on and proactive support to the Head of Technical Theatre & Facilities to enable them to manage all aspects of facilities and technology at the School.
- Assist the Head of Technical Theatre & Facilities with all internal and external performances, including lighting, sound and video
- Assist with live streaming of performances and events
- Running performances
- Assist with the IT and technical requirements for the School
- Carry out regular facility and maintenance checks
- Provide technical support for teaching staff, including dedicated technical support for the Pre-Vocational Programme held on Saturdays
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Using Capture or other lighting design software
- Working with ETC fixtures and control surfaces
- Experience with cameras and live-streaming
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Experience of working at a theatre, dance, or education organisation
- Experience with editing video
- Familiar with both Apple and Windows operating systems
- A proactive and can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly with staff at all levels of the organisation, students, and external suppliers
- A team-player, with the ability to work independently as required
- Working with Black Magic Design products
- Admin portal experience
- An appreciation of dance and the wider arts
- Understanding of GDPR requirements and processes
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.