|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Rambert School of Ballet & Contemporary Dance|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||08/11/2021 - 09:00|
Do you have experience of dancing with a ballet company? How about teaching experience? Join Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance as a part-time Ballet Teacher!
Rambert School’s mission is to provide world-leading training and education in ballet and contemporary dance, embracing individuality and innovation, while being deeply rooted in tradition and technical rigour. Their student body is purposefully small but diverse, with just 45 undergraduates from all over the world accepted each year to benefit from intimate and intensive training.
They are currently seeking a talented, creative, and experienced ballet teacher for their undergraduate FD/BA (Hons) Degree in Ballet & Contemporary Dance. You will work for two days a week.
- Preparation and teaching of ballet including ballet solos, pointe classes and learning/teaching repertoire, as required
- Coordination of a ballet module, liaising with other members of the ballet faculty to ensure smooth running of assessments, solos and report writing
- The monitoring of student progress, through continued feedback, tutorials and report writing on a semesterly basis
- Attending staff meetings, Learning and Teaching Committee, Academic Board, and other meetings and INSET sessions as required
- Working with the Screening Treatment Rehabilitation Unit (STRU) to ensure the safe and rapid rehabilitation of injured students
- Working with the Student Support department to sensitively address any student welfare issues
- The sensitive handling of students’ emotional needs, giving constructive criticism, encouragement, and building confidence
- Adhering to Health & Safety regulations in conjunction with the Head of Technical Theatre & Facilities (H&S Officer)
- Contributing to coordination of public performances as required e.g. performance box office/warm-up duties
- Booking guest ballet teachers, in collaboration with departmental colleagues, as required
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Teaching experience and / or qualification
- Experience of dancing with a professional ballet company
- The ability to work as part of a small team
- Appreciative of the artistic and educational objectives of the School
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- IT skills
- Experience of teaching dance at undergraduate degree level
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.