|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months (Maternity Cover) |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||18/10/2021 - 17:00|
Playful Productions is looking for a Production Accountant! Can you keep financial records up to date? Take a look at the role below.
Playful Productions is one of the largest independent theatre production companies in the West End currently managing world- renowned shows such as Wicked and Come From Away. They are one of the West End’s biggest employers and they lead the commercial sector in excellence, innovation and ambition. They work at scale and are committed to presenting high-quality shows to audiences across the UK and beyond.
The Production Accountant works with the Head of Finance & Administration on the preparation and maintenance of the financial records of productions produced or general managed by the company. This is a fixed-term contract to provide Maternity cover from January 2022.
- Take responsibility for creating and maintaining accounting structures, systems and records for specific productions
- Produce weekly management accounts for specific productions, regularly reviewing the balance sheet and the input from other members of the accounting team
- Communicate relevant information, including changes to running accounts and cash flow analysis to Producers, the Directors, Senior Production Controller and Production Associates
- Prepare budgets and other reports for forthcoming productions
- Ensure compliance with relevant HMRC and legal requirements and keep up to date with new developments
- Manage the internal reporting of weekly ticket sales, provide verbal analysis at the weekly production meeting and ad hoc reports throughout the year
- Supervise other members of the accounts department
- Support the work of the Directors and Playful staff as appropriate, providing ad hoc reports and analysis and making appropriate recommendations
- Keep the financial records of production investors up to date
- Keep the financial breakdown of productions up to date
- Act as the first point of contact for the external auditors of specific productions
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience of working as a Management or Production Accountant in an Accounts department
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on a very varied and heavy workload and to juggle competing priorities
- Excellent written, numeracy and verbal communication skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- A willingness to work as part of a team and cover other roles as necessary
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Work, Outlook and Excel spreadsheets and use of the internet
- Education to degree level
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 and / or Quick Books
- Qualified accountant (or qualified by experience)
- Previous experience of working in theatre
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.