|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/08/2021 - 17:00|
If you love mathematics and theatre, this could be the perfect role for you!
Playful Productions is one of the largest independent theatre production companies in the West End currently managing world- renowned shows such as Wicked and Come From Away. They are one of the West End’s biggest employers and they lead the commercial sector in excellence, innovation and ambition. They work at scale and are committed to presenting high-quality shows to audiences across the UK and beyond.
They are hiring an Assistant Accountant! You will work with the Accounts Department predominantly processing the weekly payrolls for all the theatrical productions produced or general managed by the company and providing the associated accounting and administrative assistance. In addition, the role will support the Production Accountants in recording and maintaining non-payroll financial records to support the weekly running accounts.
- Processing and reconciliation of weekly payroll across all the company’s productions
- Employee starter and leaver procedures including manual calculations
- Distribute wages through direct transfers to employees' bank accounts
- Implementation of tax codes, student loans and SMP payments
- Calculation of overtime payments
- Liaison with HMRC and staying up to date on payroll regulations
- Completion of all month-end tasks including the production of reports, payment and reconciliations of third-party deductions
- Handle any changes in exemptions, job status, and job titles
- Communication of relevant information to the Directors, Senior Production Controller, Production Coordinators and Company Managers
- Maintain payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Distributing payslips by email and answering payroll queries from employees about their pay
- Identify, investigate, and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Determine organisation's tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance contributions and other associated payroll deductions such as season ticket loans, childcare vouchers etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on a very varied and heavy workload and to juggle competing priorities
- Excellent mathematical skills, accounting, record-keeping and bookkeeping skills
- Basic understanding of tax procedures
- Good written, numeracy and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with benefits and other wage deductions
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- A willingness to work as part of a team and cover other roles as necessary and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Superior computer and typing skills and competence with spreadsheets
- Experience of large amounts of data entry
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Previous experience in similar position
- Experience of Sage Line 50 and / or Quick Books
- An interest in theatre
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.