|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/10/2021 - 17:00|
Senior Student Support Officer
This role involves supporting students and ensuring their wellbeing! Sound great? Then apply...
Performers College is one of the UK’s longest standing and most prestigious specialist training providers of Performing Arts education. Performers College offers a BA (Hons) in Musical Theatre and Dance, training their students to be innovative and creative triple-threat performers. Students are taught by the highest level industry professionals and undertake an intensive vocational training in all disciplines.
The Senior Student Support Officer will have a key role in supporting and promoting the wellbeing of the student body to support students’ emotional and practical needs to ensure all students complete their studies, progress on their course, and achieve to the highest level.
- To coordinate the work of the Student Support Officer to ensure that high standards of welfare and pastoral support are available
- To deal, when required, with out-of-office hours queries regarding student arrivals (to be part of the ‘on-call rota for arrivals)
- To coordinate the welfare pages on the Digital platforms, this will include updating and maintaining information and distributing communications to students
- Assuming role as main point of contact for students and lecturers and parents for relevant cohort
- Providing an information and advice service to students on wide range of pastoral issues and college policy & procedures
- Coordinating student tutorials to discuss pastoral, academic and attendance issues
- Supporting students through Fitness to Study procedures, appeals and disciplinary hearings
- Referring students for additional learning support
- Recording confidential tutorial notes to track needs of students
- Working with students and academic staff to agree solution-focused strategies
- Continual improvement of administrative and support practices
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience of providing 1:1 support to students or service users
- The ability to communicate effectively on all levels
- Able to work positively with students to support, respect and empower those in distress
- Commitment to delivering a high quality of customer service
- Able to prioritise and self-manage workload
- Able to work appropriately with confidential and sensitive data
- Personal resilience and adaptability
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to manage levels of risk
- Experience of working in an education setting, such as HE or FE
- Qualification in Counselling Skills or Mental Health First Aid or willing to achieve
- Understanding of and/or training in safeguarding
- Experience of working with or strong knowledge of Special Educational Needs
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.