|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Company:||Penguin Random House|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/02/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have a mind for data and systems? This role could be a perfect way to kickstart your career in publishing….
Penguin Random House is the international home to more than 300 editorially and creatively independent publishing imprints. Together, their mission is to foster a universal passion for reading by partnering with authors to help create stories and communicate ideas that inform, entertain, and inspire, and to connect them with readers everywhere. They publish a wide range of debut and award-winning authors, including Neil MacGregor, Camilla Pang, Sara Jafari, Donal Ryan and Raynor Winn, as well global brands such as Josie Silver, Ruth Ware, Alex North and Terry Pratchett.
Penguin Random House is currently looking for an organised and proactive assistant to join their Operations and Managing Editorial team on a fixed-term contract basis for approximately 12 months.
- Ensuring internal information is accurate and up-to-date, ready to share with retailers
- Making sure suppliers and freelancers get paid on time
- Organise key departmental meetings
- Pull together presentation packs and reports
- Agendas and minutes
- Coordinate diaries
- Full training to become an expert on Biblio and Basware, two key operating systems
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience with MS Word, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or similar applications)
- Enjoy dealing with detail, data, and systems
- A dedicated love for books and publishing
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.