|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Penguin Random House|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||27/10/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have experience of education publishing? Are you creative and organised? Then this is the role for you...
Penguin Random House is the international home to more than 300 editorially and creatively independent publishing imprints. Together, their mission is to foster a universal passion for reading by partnering with authors to help create stories and communicate ideas that inform, entertain, and inspire, and to connect them with readers everywhere.
They have a wonderful opportunity with the Ladybird Education department who are looking to hire an Editor on a permanent basis. Ladybird Education is home to innovative reading and activity book series for primary-age children, as well as carefully crafted graded readers for English language learners of all ages. The team are looking for a creative and organised ELT Editor with a track record of managing multi-component projects.
- You’ll be growing the ELT Graded Readers series, including Penguin Readers, working with exciting content from the biggest authors and brands at Penguin Random House. Penguin Readers includes adaptations of world-famous titles including Wonder, Me Before You, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and Slumdog Millionaire
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- You’ll ideally have experience of education publishing and editorial processes, and a passion for reaching language learners all around the world
- You’ll need to be comfortable with complex schedules and budget-management, keep up to date with education and publishing trends, and understand that different markets require different approaches
- Good communication with editorial, design and production colleagues is essential to this role. As such, you must be collaborative and flexible, and able to work as part of a dynamic team whilst managing time effectively and handling competing priorities
- Calm and able to resolve problems quickly
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.