|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||17/05/2021 - 10:00|
Do you have a passion for the arts? Excellent organisational skills? Apply now and you could be joining Park Theatre as an Administrator...
Park Theatre presents work of exceptional calibre in the heart of Finsbury Park. They strive to ensure that their building, and the work on stage, is inviting and accessible to all. They work with writers, directors and designers of the highest quality to present compelling, exciting and beautifully told stories across their two intimate spaces. Their programme encompasses a broad range of work from classics to revivals with a healthy dose of new writing, producing in-house as well as working in partnership with emerging and established producers from both the commercial and subsidised sectors.
Park Theatre are looking for an Administrator to support their team as they reopen their theatre in the summer. Working closely with all staff members, in particular the General Manager and the Artistic and Executive Directors, you will sit at the heart of Park Theatre, providing administrative support to all departments and ensuring all operations are running smoothly. You will support the General Manager with engaging and looking after visiting companies, coordinate all administration for Park Theatre’s Board of Trustees, work with the programming team to log all production submissions, as well as looking after general enquiries on a day-to-day basis.
- Artistic Programme: log all production proposals and scripts that are sent for consideration, organise meet and greets for each visiting company, issue Equal Opportunities monitoring forms for all visiting company members, act as a point of contact for any questions or issues from visiting Producers and Company Managers during their run at Park Theatre etc.
- HR: administrate recruitment for all advertised positions, ensure all new staff have signed contracts and receive appropriate inductions, manage Park Theatre’s Internship programme
- Administration: manage the theatre’s Administration budget, ensure the theatre’s phones and IT systems are working smoothly, field unsolicited correspondence to the Artistic and Executive Directors or answer on their behalf, keep Outlook calendar up to date etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Excellent organisational skills with the proven ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- A passion for the arts, with a particular interest in performing arts
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Great time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to apply common sense to day-to-day tasks and decisions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Some previous experience in a theatre environment
- Experience of working with budgets
- Experience working in an office environment
- Experience of taking minutes
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.