|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
18 months |
|Company:||Oxford University Press|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||24/10/2021 - 17:00|
Brand new role! You'll need good attention to detail and the ability to analyse for this role... Sound like you? Then apply...
Oxford University Press (OUP) have been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. They have always been a forward-looking organization, maximizing the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to their future success. In a fast changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.
Working as part of the newly created Inventory Centre of Excellence team, the Supply Planner role is responsible for the effective and timely coordination of a global supply plan and its delivery across the global supply network. Key measures of success will be availability of product in the right place, at the right time, and at the right cost against the demand forecast.
- You will work collaboratively with colleagues in Sales, Publishing, Content Operations, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing to understand the key upstream and downstream supply drivers within the end to end value chain
- You will translate the forecast, requirements, and constraints into a supply plan out to 18 months. The plan will inform the capacity plan for Supply Chain and Manufacturing colleagues to ensure appropriate levels of resource and capacity are in place to support the planned requirements and product availability
- In coordinating and executing the supply plan, you will identify, manage, and mitigate any supply risks and issues, and provide the relevant inputs into the monthly Supply Review Meetings for the appropriate level of governance and oversight by senior management stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong decision-making ability and good attention to detail
- Ability to effectively interact with all functional teams
- Strong communicator to all levels and a proven problem solver
- An eye for continuous improvement and demonstratable ability to deal with ambiguity and remain calm under pressure
- Proficiency in analysis, forecasting and forecasting methodologies with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Experience working cross functionally to deliver results within an end to end value chain
- Working knowledge and experience of S&OP methodologies
- Experience of presenting at cross functional meetings
- Strong IT skills, including an intermediate level with Excel – confident using formulas, pivot tables and lookups etc.
- Preferred sector experience will include publishing, retail, consumer goods, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals
- Working knowledge of supply planning software, with recent knowledge of SAP APO and / or IBP would be advantageous
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.