|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
6 months |
|Company:||Oxford University Press|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/10/2021 - 17:00|
Do you have strong content development skills? Looking for a role in the publishing industry? Apply now...
Oxford University Press have been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. They have always been a forward-looking organization, maximizing the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to their future success. In a fast changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.
Working alongside the Commissioning Editor, the Editor is responsible for developing online content and accompanying supporting resources. In particular, this involves working alongside the Commissioning Editor to assess draft content, provide editorial guidance to the author team, revise and rework draft material as needed to ensure they create engaging and effective training content, and copy edit the courses. You will also be involved in working closely with the Production team to ensure the product development stays on track and the programme launches on schedule.
- Working alongside the Commissioning Editor, assess the draft storyboard content to ensure the level, approach, tone and use of pedagogy meets the planned approach and vision
- Provide guidance to the author team on the strengths and weaknesses of the draft content
- With support from the Commissioning Editor, rework draft screens as needed to ensure a logical structure and effective pedagogical approach, with a particular focus on how to best convey information and how to develop comprehension and application of key learning points
- Assess feedback from the review panel on draft content, and guide the author team on the necessary revisions
- Copyedit the online content and supporting resources
- Organise video filming, creating interview questions and writing video briefs, and brief vendors on the creation and development of animations
- Track the project milestones and ensure the course development remains on schedule
- Work closely with the Production team to ensure the design and course content is built and developed to the highest standard
- Undertake proofreading and bug-checking of online content before release
- Guide the author team to develop the accompanying blended learning resources
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Have strong content development skills, ideally gained in academic or educational publishing, and knowledge of researcher training and development
- Demonstrate the ability to assess draft content and highlight areas for improvement, keeping in mind the vision and aim of the programme
- Have strong experience in assessing and incorporating review feedback to ensure the final product meets market needs
- Have experience of building and maintaining effective author relationships, and guiding authors and experts through the content development milestones
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, being persuasive and/or flexible when needed, particularly in relation to author management
- Have strong time management skills and an ability to prioritise effectively
- Demonstrate an awareness of the principles of elearning and pedagogical approaches for different audiences
- Have experience of permissions clearance and an understanding of IP and copyright
- Be a proactive member of the team, demonstrating flexibility and an ability to work closely with other colleagues in other functions
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.