|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Oxford University Press|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/10/2021 - 17:00|
Project Editor x4
Not one, but four roles are on offer at Oxford University Press! Carry on reading to find out more...
Oxford University Press has been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. They have always been a forward-looking organisation, maximising the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to their future success. In a fast changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.
They are recruiting for 4 roles, 2 within the Academic and Practitioner Law team, 1 within the Social and Behavioural Sciences team and 1 within the Humanities team. As a Project Editor, you will be responsible for management and delivery of designated projects within a discipline or product team in the Content Development group.
- Manage all projects in accordance with defined procedures, to ensure quality and timeliness, including setting-up of projects
- Project manage online content and book titles through content creation and to delivery to Production. Assure ongoing delivery of contracted requirements; liaise with authors and others to determine progress, ensure they are clear on and committed to specifications, content, style, structure, and schedules; and secure timely submission of high-quality work and ancillary materials in appropriate form
- Co-ordinate with Design, Marketing, and Sales to provide all standard materials, specs, copy, and briefs, tailored to effectively produce and bring content to market. Produce reports for Sales and Marketing as required.
- On request, and as necessitated by the project workflow, review, correct, and deliver digital content for regular online publication
- Work with Content Operations to ensure projects are published according to approved plans; escalate concerns to manager if projects deviate from agreed costings or if there are errors introduced in the production process
- Support new-product development across print and digital formats
- Support or undertake market and customer research to manage the ongoing assessment and validation of coverage, structure, and usability for online products/modules, key copyrights, and major works, so they continue to meet the requirements of the market
- As requested by, and/or in conjunction with, the Acquisition Editor or Editorial Manager, represent the Content Development Team to colleagues within the Press and to external stakeholders, including customers and user communities
- Develop and maintain good knowledge of relevant subject area(s), and a good working knowledge of editorial operations and procedures
- Contribute to the annual budgeting exercises, helping establish the titles and/or online content that will publish in the next financial year. Track projects against budget and/or publishing goals throughout the year
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Proven track record of managing projects and delivering to schedule
- Experience of, and engagement with, cross-format publishing, ideally in an academic environment
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize a demanding workload, set and meet deadlines, and adjust priorities as necessary
- Excellent organizational, project-management, and time-management skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work across different subject areas and projects as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate productively with senior academics and other specialized authors
- Work demonstrates high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good IT literacy and adaptability
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.