|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Orchestras for All|
|Location:||London / home working|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||10/12/2021 - 09:00|
Head of Programmes & Partnerships
Are you passionate about music education? If so, this could the role you've been looking for...
National youth music charity, Orchestras for All (OFA), believes that all young people should have access to the life-changing experience of playing music with others regardless of the daily challenges they may be facing ‒ whether thatʼs due to physical disability, a mental health condition, rural isolation or economic deprivation.
Orchestras for All is looking for a Head of Programmes and Partnerships to join its dynamic team on a full-time basis. As part of the Senior Management Team, you will work alongside the Executive Director to drive forward the charityʼs inspiring strategy and ambitious plans for the future, with overall responsibility for their three life-changing programmes.
Strategy and leadership
- Work with the Executive Director and Artistic Director on the strategic direction of OFAʼs programmes, ensuring young peopleʼs views, responsibilities and opinions are considered at every stage of our planning and delivery
- Support the communications and fundraising areas of their work by streamlining their planning and delivery to be one cohesive team
- Line-manage the Programmes Team
- With support from the Executive Director, update, promote and oversee an annual review as well as the charityʼs policies (including but not limited to the safeguarding policy), keeping up-to-date with the latest government advice and guidance
- Promote and be committed to equality, diversity and inclusion throughout their work, in line with OFAʼs guidelines and policy
- Overall responsibility for OFAʼs programmes, including implementing effective and efficient policies, processes and procedures, and overseeing planning, delivery and evaluation for each of OFAʼs programmes nationwide
- Organise, schedule and chair planning and evaluation meetings in the lead up to and follow on from all programmes activity
- Work with the Programmes Team on booking venues and accommodation for future activity, exploring partnership opportunities where appropriate
- Participate in quarterly meetings with the Board of Trustees, reporting on programmes and leading discussions to enable the board to support programme development, as well as attending finance and fundraising subcommittees
- Oversee effective financial management and monitoring of programmes budgets across all OFA programmes
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to collaborate, pitch and build relationships with a wide variety of partners, stakeholders, funders and participants
- Ability to work in partnership across a small team and collaborate with others, establishing positive and successful working relationships
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to lead the programmes team on a day-to-day basis alongside developing their future plans, processes, policies and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines and respond well to pressure
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to think laterally and be solutions- focused
- Willingness to learn and develop quickly
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Understanding or awareness of the landscape of UK music education and secondary school music curriculum
- Understanding or awareness of the wide range of barriers affecting young people involved in OFAʼs programmes and a commitment to breaking these down
- Firm believer in the value of participation in music-making and passionate about music education, young people and artistic innovation
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.