|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/05/2021 - 23:59|
Howard Assembly Room Technical Apprentice
If you’re passionate about performance and want to learn how to become a versatile and multi skilled technician, don’t miss this exciting opportunity…
Opera North is a national opera company based in Leeds and is a leading UK arts organisation. The company is committed to producing work of the highest quality that excites, challenges and entertains. They tour throughout the north of England, and also nationally and internationally. Acclaimed for its imaginative programming and innovative productions on the main stage, Opera North also programmes its own venue, the Howard Assembly Room with an enormous diversity of activity.
Opera North is looking for a Technical Apprentice to join the Howard Assembly Room (HAR) technical team. This comes at an exciting time for the venue, which reopens in September 2021, following an £18 million refurbishment of the Opera North estate. You will join the technical team responsible for the day to day running of the Howard Assembly Room at Opera North, and over the course of the apprenticeship, you will become a key part of the team, learning how to plan and implement the technical requirements of the venue to a high standard. Alongside working as part of the HAR technical team, you will also be working towards completing the Creative Venue Technician apprenticeship standard. Through a combination of off-the-job training, on-the-job work and completion of written work, you will learn how to become a versatile and multi skilled technician.
- Assist the HAR technical team in ensuring projects and events are run to a high standard
- Assist the HAR management team in the day-to-day logistics of running the venue
- Complete any written work required to a high standard
- Ensure the venue and its equipment is kept in good working order
- Be willing to learn new skills across a variety of disciplines associated with the technical production of events
- Assist with building and striking of staging and seating structures on a regular basis
- Assist with and take responsibility for the maintenance of equipment, storage areas and the venue
- Learn the logistics of planning and running fit ups, productions and get outs within the space
- Ensure a high standard of Health and Safety is maintained at all times
- Undertake training and assessment in the areas outlined above
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A minimum of one GCSE in English, Maths or ICT of ICT at grade 4/grade C or above
- Genuine interest in all types of performance and related production methods
- Computer Literate
- Flexibility to work evenings, late nights and weekends on a variable shift pattern
- Physically able to undertake the requirements of the apprenticeship, including working at height and heavy lifting
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.