|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||29/10/2021 - 17:00|
Theatre Ushers at Get Up, Stand Up! The Bob Marley Musical at the Lyric Theatre
Would you love to provide theatre audiences with an excellent customer experience? Then carry on reading...
Owned by Nica Burns and Max Weitzenhoffer, Nimax Theatres is an entrepreneurial and innovative organisation that owns and operates six theatres in the heart of London’s West End – the Apollo, Duchess, Garrick, Lyric, Palace and Vaudeville. Their theatres currently have a combined capacity of 5,000 seats and, in addition to hosting some of the UK’s most critically acclaimed and successful plays and musicals, present a busy and varied programme of comedy, concerts and children’s theatre.
The Theatre Usher (Front of House Performance Staff) role is primarily evening and weekend shift work with shifts being approximately 3.75 hours each. Theatre Ushers (Front of House Performance Staff) will be required to commit to 8 shifts a week, often with multiple shifts in a day. The Theatre Usher (Front of House Performance Staff) will be engaging with diverse theatre audiences while delivering an excellent customer experience in a safe way.
- Comply with the Nimax Theatres experience standards to provide a customer experience excellence for every customer
- Ensure the theatre remains clean, hygienic and is immaculately presented at all times
- Conduct safety checks and security checks as instructed
- Understand that customers have questions and be knowledgeable about the theatre, retail operation and current production in order to answer them
- Proactively direct customers to the auditorium, toilets and bars. Make announcements or provide other information as directed. Re-seat customers as directed by the theatre box office
- Proactively help customers in need of assistance. Resolve minor complaints or issues referring more serious matters to the duty manager
- Conduct ticket checks. Help customers locate their seats. Seat latecomers quickly and discreetly at the times prescribed
- Together with the theatre box office, resolve double bookings and other seating issues to ensure no customer’s visit to the theatre is unduly disrupted
- Monitor the auditorium during the performance ensuring the audience members are safe, that the producer’s filming and photography policy is adhered to and that disruptions are kept to a minimum
- To assist customers who have had an accident or who become unwell; seeking the assistance of trained first aiders
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Ability to work 8 shifts a week
- A willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work face to face with diverse customers in a confident way
- Engaging and welcoming
- Remains calm when working under pressure
- Experience of hospitality work
- Ability to follow health and safety procedures
- Ability to work on a till
- A good listener with an ability to be easily understood by others
- Ability to clean and sanitize your surroundings
- Adaptable and proactive
- Experience working safely while manual handling
- Experience of working with customers with various access requirements
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.