|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||26/10/2021 - 17:00|
This is the role for you if: a) you have a strong background in audio documentary production and b) you have an understanding of narrative journalism!
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, their people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
They are recruiting an experienced Audio Producer to work on Stories of our Times, the daily podcast for The Times and the Sunday Times.
- Finding and pitching stories and original story angles
- Working closely with leading print journalists and reporters
- Taking responsibility for the production of complete episodes of a major narrative podcast
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A strong background in audio documentary production
- Understanding of narrative journalism
- Knowledge of the news agenda
- Great writing skills
- Ability to work creatively with high profile guests and interviewees
- Efficient and experienced with editing software
- A creative approach to audio and podcasting
- Experience of news journalism is a plus
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.