|Industry:||Museums & Galleries|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Museum of London|
|Location:||London (blended working)|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||07/11/2021 - 17:00|
Media Officer x2
If you have an eye for a story and understand how the different types of media work, carry on reading!
The Museum of London is an award-winning, charitable institution funded by a variety of organisations and individuals including the City of London Corporation and GLA. The Museum of London tells the story of the capital from its first settlers to modern times. They have sites in central London, Docklands and in Hackney.
This role is for someone who has an eye for a story and loves to hit the headlines. They’re looking for two creative, ambitious and enthusiastic Media Officers who love everything London. One will be focused on the museum’s core activity at Museum of London Docklands, the other will be focused on the new museum in West Smithfield.
- To maximise positive media profile by planning, implementing and delivering successful high-profile PR campaigns across the media mix amplifying the Museum of London brand
- To proactively and consistently sell-in stories over the phone, in person and by email, creating collection-based media and content stories that hijack the news agenda and piggy-back anniversaries to raise the profile of the museum and cement the museum’s expertise about London
- To identify journalists, bloggers, broadcasters and partners who would be beneficial to achieving the Museum of London’s PR objectives and cultivating these new relationships through personal interaction, face-to-face meetings and networking events
- Lead on PR campaigns for major exhibitions, working with influencers and high-profile Londoners and other major creative projects and partnerships
- To support the PR Manager with reputation, issues and crisis management, and corporate communications, such as the New Museum of London project
- To maintain the efficiency of all press office systems including event planning, media monitoring services and campaign evaluation
- To maintain sound financial management of the PR and project budgets supporting the PR Manager with quarterly and annual forecasting process
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience of working in a proactive, busy press office or PR function, either in-house or agency/consultancy
- Significant proven experience of implementing high-profile, successful PR strategies and campaigns within budget, including both ‘product’ specific campaigns and broader brand awareness raising activity
- A great track record of cultivating media contacts and generating major profile
- Proven understanding of the different types of media work and how best to engage journalists, bloggers and broadcasters
- Ability to understand and contribute ideas on how the Museum of London’s mission might be applied innovatively in a PR context, and how PR can increase accessibility, diversity and inclusion
- Effective skills in writing engaging and accurate copy, and budget management
- Excellent team player and verbal communicator with the ability to build rapport quickly and work with and influence people across a range of specialisms and backgrounds
- Demonstrable experience in IT specifically using MS Office suite, Teams/Zoom, Excel and experience with media monitoring systems such as Gorkana/Cision
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.