|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Milton Keynes Arts Centre|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||12/05/2021 - 23:59|
Programming & Participation Manager
If you have a passion for the arts and want to deliver a variety of projects, events and courses, don’t miss this exciting opportunity…
Established in 1974, Milton Keynes Arts Centre (MKAC) is a multidisciplinary arts centre set in the historic grounds of Great Linford Manor Park and a National Portfolio Organisation of Arts Council England. They specialise in co-developing projects with artists and communities in Milton Keynes that respond to the issues affecting people’s lives and help to empower often marginalised communities in the city. Alongside these projects, they offer specialist art production facilities - including in ceramics, woodworking and silversmithing - in which they provide opportunities for people to engage in participatory activities, acquire new skills through working with artists, and support health and well-being.
Milton Keynes Arts Centre is looking for a Programming & Participation Manager. You will oversee the research, planning and delivery of all of MKAC’s artists’ projects, events and courses.
- Research, plan and deliver a high-quality programme of artists’ projects in liaison with the Director and co-developed with community groups in Milton Keynes
- Develop and manage a year-round programme of income-generating courses and events both on MKAC’s site and online
- Write and issue contracts for all activities, agreeing and monitoring timeframes and payment schedules to ensure projects are successfully delivered on time and within budget
- Develop sustainable relationships and partnerships with organisations, locally and nationally, liaising with a broad range of community and special interest groups to develop meaningful collaborative activities
- Bring new talent to MKAC; broadening and diversifying the pool of artist associates and supporters
- Create opportunities for professional development, including seminars, training and networking opportunities for young people, artists and arts professionals
- Lead on the delivery of the organisation’s dedicated schools creative hire offer, growing MKAC’s database of school partners and developing learning resources to encourage repeat visits
- Present opportunities for MKAC to deliver Arts Award
- Hold the responsibility of Designated Safeguarding Officer for MKAC.
- Manage the activities of the Programming Assistant as well as casual, freelance and voluntary staff supporting the programme
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A passion for and knowledge of the arts, with an extensive national network of contacts amongst artists and arts organisations
- Proven experience in coordinating multifaceted and large-scale arts projects
- A proven track-record in budget management and fundraising, including writing grant applications
- Experience of staff and volunteer management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise sensitivity, diplomacy and confidentiality and to build trusted relationships
- An understanding of outcomes-based evaluation
- An up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and successful practice in the field
- The confidence to represent MKAC and communicate their values, aims and needs
- High level of literacy, numeracy and IT competency with demonstrable experience
- An understanding of the day-to-day operational challenges facing community-based projects and small charities and a willingness to ‘pitch in’
- A commitment to equality and diversity, with an understanding of how to promote this through your work
- A willingness to be DBS checked
- A qualification in arts and/or education to degree level or above
- Experience of working in/or with small, independent organisations at grassroots level
- Experience of working with Arts Council
- Knowledge of, or connection to, Milton Keynes is an advantage
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.