|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||MAST Mayflower Studios|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||12/03/2021 - 17:00|
Are you passionate about performing arts? Do you have experience of strategic and business planning? Don’t miss this opportunity…
Mayflower Theatre is one of the most successful large-scale theatres in the UK, and presents the biggest touring shows to over 500,000 customers annually. They aim to bring a diverse range of shows to Southampton, and present a mixture of spectacular touring productions, from musicals - many direct from the West End – to dance, opera, drama, ballet and comedy. They run as an independent theatre and operate as a charitable trust, so all the money generated from ticket sales is invested back into the theatre, to support community and education strategies and ensure the upkeep of their Grade II listed theatre.
MAST Mayflower Studios is the new operating organisation for the previous NST City building and is a sister organisation to Mayflower Theatre. MAST operates as a not-for-profit organisation and seeks mutually beneficial associations to help raise the profile of its educational and outreach work and to develop the profile of the extensive multi art form programme it offers. MAST aims to be nationally recognised for the quality of its presented and produced performing arts programme and for producing the very best performance experiences by international, national, local artists and companies.
Mayflower Theatre and MAST Mayflower Studios are both looking for Non-Executive Directors/Trustees to join their Board of Trustees on a voluntary basis. They are particularly keen to recruit Trustees with skills in digital marketing and cyber security for Mayflower Theatre and in community theatre and education and outreach for MAST. However, they are also interested in candidates with a broader range of skills and experience.
- Use any specific skills, knowledge and experience to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions. This will include the scrutiny of proposals, leading and initiating discussions, providing advice or guidance on new initiatives and utilising any specialist expertise and experience
- Chair and/or attend bodies given delegated authority by the Board such as committees
- Participate in Trustee and Chair appraisal processes, including giving and receiving feedback and conducting Trustee exit interviews
- Adhere to the principles and processes set out in the Governance Handbook and the Code of Conduct
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A passion for the theatre and/or performing arts as a whole
- Strong and effective leadership skills from a variety of size of organisations
- Experience of high level strategic and business planning and an ability to understand and shape the theatre’s strategy and influence its implementation
- A clear understanding of the role of a Trustee and knowledge of the principles of and current best practice in good governance
- Integrity and judgement
- A collaborative approach to working, proactivity, a willingness to offer constructive challenge and support collective decisions
- Good listening skills and an openness to other views and feedback on own contribution Ability to analyse and evaluate management information and other evidence
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to persuade and influence to promote the interests of the charity
- A strong commitment to the theatre’s vision and mission and an understanding of the opportunities and challenges which it faces
- Behaviours that demonstrate, model and reinforce the theatre’s values: Integrity, Respect, Working Together, Transparent Communication, Service Excellence, CPD
- The ability to devote sufficient time, preparation and effort to the role and responsibilities of a Trustee
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.