|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months |
|Company:||MAST Mayflower Studios|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||24/10/2021 - 17:00|
Have experience of producing theatre on a small and medium scale? Then this could be the role for you...
MAST is a multi-art form cultural hub presenting and producing theatre, dance, musicals, music, comedy, circus, cabaret, spoken word, visual arts and family shows. They are community-led, with engagement and consultation at the heart of everything they do. They work with the best touring companies and local artists to present a diverse, vibrant, high-quality artistic programme, alongside their own MAST productions and co-productions.
They are looking for a Creative Producer to join their team. You'll lead the delivery, development and evaluation of all creative projects.
- Develop the reputation of the company ensuring that quality is maintained across all art forms and events
- Attend first nights, company events when required and ensure artists are formally welcomed
- Represent the organisation at partner, stakeholder and industry meetings as required
- Keep abreast of industry news, developments and maintain a professional network and use this knowledge and connections to inform programming proposals
- Manage and maintain excellent relationship with our partners, stakeholders, funders, producers, promoters, hirers, artists, visiting managers and internal teams to continue to develop the programme and maximise net revenue for the company
- Ensure that MAST plays an active role in the local arts sector and is seen as a contributor to the cultural life of Southampton
- Promote the creative programme for advocacy purposes
- Manage all aspects of the creative projects, designing activities and managing events that achieve MAST’s business plan and ACE funding objectives and Mayflower Theatre’s producing ambitions
- Manage the creative programmes budget and ensure best value is achieved in all projects
- Ensure all activity with the creative projects programmes are delivered to the highest quality and are undertaken safely
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Educated to degree level or can exhibit clear ability
- A passion for the social, cultural and financial ambitions of MAST Mayflower Studios and Mayflower Theatre
- Experience of producing theatre on small and medium scale
- The ability to work collaboratively and form effective partnerships internally and externally
- A positive “can do” attitude with a high level of self-motivation and ability to work on your initiative
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with proven ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines
- A genuine and demonstrable commitment to maintaining the broadening of cultural diversity and access across all areas
- Knowledge/experience of national touring
- Knowledge/experience/contacts with regional theatres and co-production models
- Productive and wide ranging contacts in the theatre sector
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.