|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||London Philharmonic Orchestra|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||27/09/2021 - 17:00|
Development Events Manager
Have experience in event management? This role could be perfect for you... take a look!
One of the finest orchestras on the international stage, the London Philharmonic Orchestra (LPO) balances a long and distinguished history with its reputation as one of the UK’s most forward-looking ensembles. The Orchestra is resident at the Southbank Centre’s Royal Festival Hall, which it combines with its role as Resident Symphony Orchestra at Glyndebourne Festival Opera each summer. Outside London, the Orchestra has flourishing residencies in Brighton, Eastbourne and at Saffron Hall in Essex, and performs regularly around the UK. The Orchestra also tours internationally, performing to sell-out audiences worldwide at the world’s leading concert halls.
The Development Events Manager is charged with ensuring successful creation and implementation of the Orchestra’s varied programme of stewardship, cultivation and fundraising events. You will be expected to play a key role in curating the events programme, managing individual events from concept to delivery, securing financial and in-kind support, and working with members of the team to sell tickets to reach fundraising targets.
- Management and overall responsibility for Development Department events, including membership, stewardship and cultivation events as dictated by the needs of the department, ensuring the programme is creative and engaging
- Ensure all events are delivered in a timely manner and offer an exceptional quality experience
- Liaise with other LPO departments and internal and external stakeholders (including the senior volunteer Events Committee) to support the planning and delivery of events
- Overall management of the London Philharmonic Orchestra’s Annual Gala from event concept through to planning, delivery and post-event follow-up
- Source items for the Silent Auction at the Gala and other major events
- Build close relationships with external contacts of the Orchestra to deepen partnerships with existing supporters; and to broaden the range of relationships
- Keep all event-related activity recorded on the Tessitura database including event income, guest attendance and biographical information
- Identify and research potential event sponsors
- Work with Development colleagues to sell tickets and tables for fundraising events
- Manage relationships with some of the Orchestra’s in-kind sponsors (in liaison with the Corporate Relations Manager)
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in event management
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships at a high level with organisations and stakeholders within an event context
- Experience of running major Gala-style events
- Lateral thinker with an ability to develop creative and appropriate events for the wide range of LPO supporters
- Confident with managing complex budgets
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and other contacts
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Team player with a positive approach and ability to undertake initiatives
- A proactive attitude to contributing to achieving the team’s fundraising target
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Competency in all of the major MS Office software packages and using a database
- An interest in music and the arts
- Exposure to fundraising practice in a donor-facing role
- Previous experience in either the corporate, charity or arts sector
- Experience of working with high level volunteers on fundraising events
- Knowledge of the musical repertoire and the specific requirements of musicians
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.