|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Little, Brown Book Group|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||28/02/2021 - 23:59|
|Start date:||22 March 2021|
Project Editor (Parental Leave Cover)
Do you have meticulous copy-editing and proofreading skills? Are you experienced in trade project editing and project management? Don't miss this exciting opportunity...
Little, Brown Book Group, a division of Hachette, are one of the most successful and dynamic publishers in the UK. Across their fourteen imprints, they publish literature of the highest standard, from prize-winning fiction to agenda-setting non-fiction and a range of prestigious classics.
Their Piatkus Constable Robinson (PCR) division combines three successful imprints at award-winning publisher the Little, Brown Book Group. They publish everything from popular psychology, self-help, business, personal development, health and wellbeing, parenting, history, cookery, humour, biographies, popular culture and how-to books. Across the fiction lists, they publish compelling crime fiction alongside big name women’s fiction authors and romances.
Little, Brown Book Group are looking for a new Project Editor to join them on a temporary basis.
- Reporting to the Managing Editor for PCR, you will work on a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles, preparing manuscripts for production after they are handed over by the commissioning editor
- You will commission freelancers, liaise with authors, clear permissions and work closely with in-house departments
- Titles will come from a range of imprints, but you will largely focus on the Robinson non-fiction and Constable crime fiction lists. This is a non-commissioning role
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A proven track record of at least two years of trade project editing and project management, preferably within non-fiction
- Excellent organisational skills and great at multi-tasking
- Meticulous copy-editing and proofreading skills
- Are proactive, a good communicator and show confidence dealing with colleagues both internally and externally
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.