|Contract Type:||Freelance Opportunity|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Until January 2022 initially|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/10/2021 - 20:00|
If you have a strong commitment to equality and diversity and would love to work as a Freelance Producer, apply now!
LEEDS 2023 will be a landmark year of culture for the city and region. Their ambitious and ground- breaking programme will transform people’s perceptions of Leeds, confirming it as an international centre of cultural activity and cementing its reputation as a cultural giant in the world. Showcasing creativity across all forms of culture, they will partner with local, national and international artists, creatives and storytellers to deliver a series of world-class signature events across the year. From dance to design, art to architecture, poetry to pop, sculpture to sport, there will be something for everyone!
This is a freelance opportunity for an experienced producer with understanding of working nationally and internationally on partnership programmes. They are seeking applications from producers actively interested in the crucial creative contributions of UK artists of diasporic lineage and/or ethnically diverse artists living in the UK, and of international artists whose work resonates with the experiences of UK diasporic communities. They are actively encouraging applications from people with lived experience as part of a diaspora community, or of diasporic lineage.
- Define the co-production and touring model for theatre and performance
- Design the exhibition format and build relationships with collections and archives
- Cultivate a strong and committed consortium and manage the Partnership Agreement process
- Identify programming and partnership opportunities for further artforms including music, film, fashion and literature
- Research international programming, co-production and touring opportunities and identify international partnerships and models
- Support a cohort of Artistic Associates for the programme
- Design the commissioning framework
- Identify national and international artists for commissioning opportunities
- Identify co-commission partnership opportunities
- Lead on the management of live seed commissions relating to this programme
- Build a strong financial model and identify further fundraising requirements
- Create a clear timeline and programme plan including key milestones, tasks and the delineation of roles and responsibilities through the partnership network
- Collaborate with colleagues across communications, digital and development to create a rigorous and feasible delivery plan
- Actively engage with LEEDS 2023’s vision and policies regarding equality, sustainability, health and safety, evaluation and access
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience of managing multiple projects at a range of scales with complex partnership arrangements
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of negotiating and writing contracts
- Proven planning, event and project management skills
- Proven experience in national projects including co-productions and touring
- Confident and skilled at communicating and engaging with a diverse mix of people including colleagues, strategic partners and artists in the UK and overseas
- Proven ability to draft and manage complex budgets
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to learn new skills and ways of working
- Open to developing new approaches to programme development that consider access, care and equity at all stages of design and delivery
- A strong commitment to equality and diversity
- A strong commitment to sustainability, and understanding of climate change agenda
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for a range of arts and culture
- Understanding of Leeds’s cultural and creative sector
- Experience of working in international contexts
- Experience/understanding of the logistical challenges of international touring (including inbound to the UK)
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.