|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
Fixed term, until January 2024 |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/03/2021 - 17:00|
Content and Social Media Officer
Are you experienced in designing and delivering great content? Do you have excellent communication skills? Then don’t miss this opportunity to help shape digital engagement at this international cultural festival…
Leeds 2023 will be a landmark year of culture for the city and region. Their ambitious and ground-breaking programme will transform people’s perceptions of Leeds, confirming it as an international centre of cultural activity and cementing its reputation as a cultural giant in the world. Showcasing creativity across all forms of culture, they will partner with local, national and international artists, creatives and storytellers to deliver a series of world-class signature events across the year. From dance to design, art to architecture, poetry to pop, sculpture to sport, there will be something for everyone!
Leeds 2023 is looking for a new Content and Social Media Officer. Working on a fixed-term basis, you will play a vital role in building online audiences and engagement.
- Using audience data and insight to help target our key audiences and engage with them online.
- Auditing our current online content and activity and making recommendations around social platforms and routes to our target audiences.
- Embedding the tools and processes needed to run and measure effective user-centred online activity.
- Developing engaging social media, email marketing and website content plans in line with our strategic objectives and audience behaviours.
- Working with partners across the cultural, creative, media, education and community sectors to amplify existing relevant activity and develop new content which can build the Leeds 2023 brand presence.
- Building ongoing measurement of online activity, including social and website content and campaigns, with a test and learn strategy which drives engagement and also audience insight back into the organisation.
- Act as the key point of contact for the public on our social media and website channels.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience and understanding of using social media, online content and web platforms, how they work, how people use them and how a brand can build audiences and engagement online.
- Experience of using tools and technology such as social listening tools, social media metrics and website analytics tools to gain insight around existing and potential audiences and apply that learning to audience engagement activities.
- Experience of developing creative content for online platforms which engages audiences.
- Experience of developing and running successful social media and online campaigns, accounts and activity.
- Experience of developing and adapting/editing copy, imagery, film and other digital assets for social and web platforms, including website CMS (Content Management Systems).
- Experience of developing a clear tone of voice for online engagement from copywriting to a visual and audio tone that works for the brand and audiences.
- Experience of measuring and evaluating the impact of digital engagement activity and adjusting approach to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience of developing accessible, inclusive content online and an understanding of the barriers to digital engagement.
- Experience of working with a range of audiences and/or in-depth knowledge of a specific audience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt content to the platform and audience.
- Excellent copywriting skills for the online environment, specifically social media and writing for the web.
- A creative flair for content creation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly relationship building skills.
- Ability to work holistically, connect the internal to the external and spot opportunities.
- Demonstrable passion for Leeds 2023, the city and our communities.
- A strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity and alignment with Leeds 2023 values.
- A strong commitment to the green agenda and an understanding of global climate change issues.
- Resilient, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and expectations.
- Passionate about arts, culture and community engagement.
- Collaborative and effective team player.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.