|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Laine Theatre Arts|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/11/2021 - 17:00|
Access and Participation Lead
If you're passionate about supporting under-represented communities and love performing arts, this is the role for you!
Laine Theatre Arts is one of the world’s leading vocational dance and musical-theatre colleges. Committed to creating an environment representative of society and increasing the diversity of young artists entering vocational performing arts training, the college has established Lanes to Laine, a permanent, funded initiative designed to bridge the space between vocational training in dance and musical theatre and under-represented communities nationwide.
The college now wishes to appoint a part-time, Access and Participation Co-ordinator to drive the Lanes to Laine initiative, shape the programme and implement strategic activity to establish and extend learning opportunities for talented young dance and musical theatre artists from all backgrounds.
- The introduction of strategies to increase the number of Ethnic Minority students at the college
- The development, implementation and management of Lanes to Laine
- Undertaking research designed to establish, publicise and develop the initiative with key partners in the cultural, education and related sectors nationwide
- Mentoring dance and musical theatre students within the college
- Advising, supporting and guiding staff colleagues within the college on matters of access and participation
- The development of a Laine Theatre Arts Ambassadors’ scheme
- Ensuring the initiative remains compliant with all Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities legislation
- Playing an active role in organisation-wide activities, including attending and supporting Laine Theatre Arts performances and events
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A thorough understanding and personal experience of the challenges facing under-represented communities in the UK
- A thorough understanding of the professional performing arts
- Recent successful experience of managing a young persons’ project or initiative
- Recent, successful experience of mentoring young people or a willingness to undertake mentorship training
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.