|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months |
|Company:||Jonathan Church Theatre Productions|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||24/10/2021 - 17:00|
Have a strong interest in theatre? You could join an award-winning production company for 12 months! Apply now...
Jonathan Church Theatre Productions (JCTP) is an award-winning London-based production company, producing high quality theatre in the West End, nationally and internationally. They produce plays and musicals in the West End, on tour in the UK and internationally. They enjoy working with both commercial and subsidised partners and regularly collaborate with London and regional theatres, including The Old Vic, Sadler’s Wells, National Theatre, Almeida, RSC, The Bush, Chichester Festival Theatre, Leeds Playhouse and Bath Theatre Royal.
JCTP is currently seeking a Production Coordinator to join the team for a 12-month fixed term contract. The Production Coordinator will work closely with and provide support to the Associate Producer all JCTP productions, reporting daily to the Associate Producer.
- Keep schedules for each production up to date
- Assist with the pastoral care of actors, creative and production teams
- Under the supervision of the General Manager and/or Associate Producer, make offers within budget and draft agreements for cast and production staff
- Under the supervision of the General Manager and/or Associate Producer, on occasion make offers within budget and draft agreements for the creative team
- Book audition and rehearsal spaces as needed
- Order cars, taxis and couriers, as well as making deliveries by hand, as required
- Keep cast, creative team and production staff deal summaries up to date at all times
- Coordinate relevant personnel for all auditions, rehearsals and technical periods
- Organise and manage house seat requests
- In collaboration with the Associate Producer ensure all
Jonathan Church Theatre Productions policies are adhered to and communicated to production teams and cast
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience in a similar role
- A strong interest and experience of working in theatre
- Takes a proactive, flexible approach to work
- Strong eye for detail
- Confident, positive and approachable when dealing with a wide range of staff and artists at all levels
- A proven ability to deal diplomatically, sensitively and discretely with information, which may often be confidential
- Able to work with accuracy and speed in a busy environment
- Good prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong team ethic along with the ability to work independently
- Strong verbal communication skills and telephone manner, including a knowledge of etiquette and protocol in dealing with high-profile individuals
- Experience editing letters and other documents swiftly and accurately
- Knowledge and experience of unions, including UK Theatre, British and American Equity, BECTU and the Musicians Union
- Experience of negotiating and preparing a variety of staff and artist contracts
- Experience of working with budgets
- Experience of working with payroll
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.