|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||24/09/2021 - 17:00|
Creative Producer: Visual Art
Do you have an interest in the UK contemporary visual arts scene? Experience curating visual art exhibitions? Then this could be the role of your dreams!
HOME is Greater Manchester’s international contemporary cross art form production and presentation centre. For six years it has had a focus on bringing curious multi-generational and diverse audiences together with great artists, art works and important ideas about the world we live in.
The Creative Producer: Visual Art will act as lead producer for the core visual arts programme at HOME, including the exhibitions taking place in the Gallery spaces, ensuring HOME meets its artistic objectives as laid out in its Business Plan and delivers on its KPIs for visitors and the artists engaged. This role necessitates strong partnership working and collaboration both nationally and internationally.
- To work with the Director / CEO, Executive Director and Associate Artists to develop a cross-artform programme that achieves the mission and realises the vision for HOME
- To act as lead producer on projects, or to form part of working groups, for cross-organisational projects – as directed by the Artistic Director/CEO or Executive Director
- To develop an overarching curatorial narrative for the visual arts programme that supports delivery of their artistic and audience objectives which also speaks to other aspects of their programme
- To create opportunities through which talent in their existing programmes can collaborate and experiment with each other, irrespective of their art form background
- To identify diverse artists, curators and creative programme ideas that support the mission of HOME and grow and engage their audience and to support those curators and artists in the work with HOME
- To manage the visual art project pipeline and work closely with the Head of Programme on programming and scheduling projects
- To establish strategic partnerships and implement focused projects to increase diversity within their existing programmes
- To work with HOME’s Engagement and Talent Development producers to build an integrated programme and work to reduce barriers to involvement
- To produce exhibition programme and exhibitions as agreed with the Director and CEO, including co-productions and co-commissions – with support of other members of the Programming and Made at HOME teams
- To manage negotiations and contract terms with artists and other relevant agencies/individuals in accordance with agreed budgets and parameters
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Programming contemporary visual art exhibitions
- Producing contemporary visual art exhibitions and projects
- Curating contemporary visual art exhibitions and projects
- Setting and managing budgets
- Working with diverse midcareer artists and curators to develop, commission and realise contemporary visual art projects
- Creating programmes that develop audiences and increase engagement with artists
- Mentoring and supporting the development of emerging curators
- Leading and managing a team including freelancers in line with organisational objectives
- Collaborative working within an organisation and with external partners
- Writing funding applications and reporting to funders
- Public speaking
- Touring contemporary visual art projects
- Creating visual art programmes that diversify audiences
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.